Saturday, September 4, 2010

The wait

That's all I do, that's all I can...
Wading through these dark desolate waters,
I know not what awaits me,
But with my fingers crossed, I still wait.

Deep rooted thoughts arise from within,
Questioning the complexity of the time to come.
Yet, with a discerning hope I move ahead;
Unbeknownst to the world lying outside.

Forbearance is a trait I have acquired,
Looking beyond the uncertainties in life.
The wait still plays a pivotal role;
Transforming, transferring, teaching.

Tomorrow is a day I look forward to,
Every passing moment captured with grace.
I know not when this sojourn will ever end,
But with my fingers crossed, I still wait.



6 comments:

  1. All the best for whatever you are waiting :)

    I was reminded of a poem we learnt from Figments of Imagination:

    When I consider how my light is spent
    Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
    And that one Talent which is death to hide
    Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
    To serve therewith my Maker, and present
    My true account, lest He returning chide,
    "Doth God exact day-labour, light denied?"
    I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
    That murmur, soon replies, "God doth not need
    Either man's work or his own gifts. Who best
    Bear his mild yoke, they serve him best. His state
    Is kingly: thousands at his bidding speed,
    And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
    They also serve who only stand and wait."

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice line " I know not what awaits me " liked this

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Navjyot: Thanks dude
    @The Layman: On his blindness huh? The most popular sonnet. Thanks aliya :)
    @Abdul: That's all you liked eh? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really good poem for the one who awaits what his future will be.. Good one bro!!

    ReplyDelete