Thursday, October 15, 2009

She STILL loves me, She loves me not


Thanks to the mild responses I got from my maiden post, I'm motivated to write my second article on blogger. I never thought blogging was my cup of tea until a few friends from school inspired me to start writing. Still find it difficult to believe that so many old friends from school have this talent of writing; and really articulate & proficient at that. Now this is something to be envious about.

Coming to the topic... I had a steady relationship with my ex for 3 years. The commonalities among us were overflowing. The same religion, the same caste, the same hometown, the same mother tongue, the same food and culinary interests, love for roaming around, love for the same genre of music, etc to name a few.

Like most love stories, even this had its own problems in the beginning; with objections from both the families. Our blissful nonchalance to the objections made them realise the intensity of the whole thing (or was it reverse psychology that was holding us together???) and accepting us as a couple was their only choice. I, for once, was so satiated in life. The thought of having such a lovely girlfriend with whom I could share everything that was happening in my life, talk about topics of common interest (Which I think were many), paint the town red (both of us enjoyed loafing around), and help each other out in times of difficulties. Meeting everyday was an implicit norm. It all seemed perfect, unadulterated and eternal.

Those 3 years were the best I've ever had. It was a brilliant learning experience for the both of us.

Differences started cropping up around 4 months before 'Doomsday'. Fights started escalating out of control. This period of turbulence was what I called "The Great Depression". The friction that got built up was what urged us to call it quits. It was painful yet necessary; atrocious yet relieving. Goals and ambitions started taking precedence over everything else.

Calls kept coming even after 'Doomsday' followed by discussions to salvage the situation. It was a vain attempt because both of us had almost gotten over each other by then. But that doesn't mean I've forgotten everything. I don't think I can. Man, this first love indeed leaves a lot of residual matters behind. Even though I know for sure that whatever happened is irreconcilable, and I cannot get back the best days of my life, somewhere deep inside, my mind wonders if 'She Still loves me or she loves me not?'

No comments:

Post a Comment