Friday, January 8, 2010

2010: Resolutions for the new year

As I said, I live on to write about more memories and occurrences in 2010. To be honest, I've never made any New year resolutions in my 23 years of existence. So, when it comes to actually having one, I'm sceptical about it. Two contradicting thoughts hit my mind immediately- Will it materialise just because I have a written evidence to keep me reminded about, or will it fade away into oblivion like most people's resolutions do? I don't know. But whatever it is, I don't see any harm in trying it out, all the while hoping to get the best out of this currently mundane lifestyle of mine. With no intentions whatsoever to bite off more than I can chew, I jot down five of my resolutions for this year (not necessarily in the order of importance).

Resolution No.1: Get a six pack at any cost.

For someone whose first priority is health, this definitely reflects a good start for a new year resolution. Building a great abdomen has always found the topmost spot in the "Arjun's to-do-list". The only problem however, is that I've been misplacing this list off and on- so much so- that I desperately needed to make a new list that doesn't get lost. Hence, this blog-post.

Mind you, it's not child's play to build a good looking abdomen. In fact, for most people, this area remains to be the most neglected part of their body. So, how am I going to do it? To start off, I need to reorganise three things:  My eating habits, my exercise regimen, and of course, my dedication levels. I mean, what good is such a resolution if somebody worth his salt cannot perform it with such alacrity? The motivation should firstly come from within. Expect another post on this once the mission is accomplished (obviously before this year ends).

Resolution No.2: Improving my photography skills

The inspiration for this resolution came in the form of a brand new Nikon digital camera that my dad bought for the family last week and this. I've always been intrigued by photography. The phrase "a picture speaks a thousand words" is indeed true and I hope to let my pictures do the talking. Maybe, in the form of a photo-blog which I've always wanted to create. My passion for travelling further improves the scope for this interest of mine which I eventually want to transform into a hobby. What say?

Resolution No.3: Improve my blog

Could I miss out this one? This blog of mine is one of my best friends, and making my blog-posts more articulate and realistic finds the top spot/s in this agenda. Writing has, of late, become my forte and I definitely want to capitalise on this one. Gone are the days when I did nothing when interesting thoughts lingered in my mind. Now all those will find a warm place in my blog and documented and preserved carefully for everyone's perusal by none other than yours truly.

Resolution No.4: Learn the guitar

One of my favourite musical instruments. Being a hardcore heavy metal fan for many years now (7 years to be precise), there were times when I wanted to learn the guitar more than I wanted my next breath. Hopefully, once I start working, I will be able to buy myself a good "Axe". After all, shouldn't there be someone to replace the reverent Yngwie Malmsteen or Eddie Van Halen or Joe Satriani after their retirement? \m/ \m/

Resolution No.5: Read a lot more

As of now, though I've read quite a bit, I don't find the patience to read lengthy books. It just doesn't fit in my present time-table. Exercising the mind is equally important as exercising the body, and what better way to do this than read? Hopefully reading won't cross ways with my favourite activity- writing. So, take a break while I finish my latest novel. Until then, au revoir!

PS: Hoping I've not put myself into a self-spun predicament with these resolutions.


No comments:

Post a Comment