Thursday, February 11, 2010

Reminiscence of 'Kalifo'

How gleeful I was, I realized as I lay thinking
so fast could we strike a chord I never did imagine.
Always have I desired to see you in your full glory
and now I believe that moment has finally come true.

Did that give me smile or cheers I asked myself
to have experienced your rich history and your benevolent past?
Was it the joy of discovering my roots
or finding the unexplored territorial waters of my kin?

Stranded away from reality was I in the years gone by,
to have snubbed you away from my rather unequivocal vision.
Never will this happen again, I swore to myself
as enough of losses I have to compensate for already.

Now that the door has cracked open and the gaps narrowed,
like the pages of an open book my feelings are exhibited.
This had to happen one day I told myself with conviction,
that it’s obviously better late than never again.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.. I'm no 'Kavi' Radha. Just trying to put across my feelings through this platform. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whom did you snub that u yearn for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous: It's a mystery. The clue lies hidden in the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. endhayaalum, nice try dear.....
    njan e fieldil ithiri weaka......
    so cnfused hw to put a comment.... :)

    ReplyDelete